Going the extra mile!
Will’s Warriors for HOPE are a group of passionate and caring individuals who turn the everyday into extraordinary. Warriors range from the most serious of athletes to the average person looking for a little exercise to young children participating in a 1 mile fun run. Whatever their passion, they “compete” with the added benefit of helping Will and the many other children afflicted with juvenile Batten disease.
You can become a Warrior for Will and watch your effort easily multiply while helping The Will Herndon Fund reach a wider audience and move closer to our goal of eradicating juvenile Batten disease.
The 2013 Woodlands Marathon
38 Athletes competing in the Full & Half Marathons as well as the 5K race and the 2K Family Fun Run raised over $25,000 for juvenile Batten disease research!!
See photos here.
Become a Warrior!
When you are ready to Race for Will, register for your event and then follow these simple steps:
- Sign up using this form. It takes just a minute.
- We’ll create a personal link for you with a donation form on our website and give you the tools to help you spread the word and fundraise!
You can then:
1. Personalize it: You can upload an image or photo and write a personal statement to let your donors know why you’ve joined Will’s Warriors and what motivates you. Tell your story!
2. Email it: Copy your personal link and paste it into an email message to family, friends, and colleagues to take them directly to your personal fundraising page.
3. Facebook it: Click on the Facebook button and post a message on your wall about your efforts. Anyone who follows the link will be sent to your fundraising page.
4. Tweet it: You can click the Twitter button and send a tweet out to all of your followers.
5. Blog it: If you click on the embed button, you can copy your personalized code to put on your blog or personal website. Your readers will be able to donate right there on your site.
What happens next:
1. Each time someone supports the Will Herndon Fund due to YOUR efforts, we’ll send you an email letting you know and updating you on your fundraising status.
2. When you get these messages, make sure to thank your family, friends and supporters and click those Facebook and Twitter links again to thank them in public.
3. Your donors will automatically receive an electronic thank you and receipt from the Foundation.
4. Want to change your personal statement or photo, or see who has donated through your personal page? Visit your Advocacy Center.